GSB Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GSB Guild Forum

GSB Guild Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cancellation Of Tourney.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gersman
Admin
gersman

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Cancellation Of Tourney. Empty
PostSubject: Cancellation Of Tourney.   Cancellation Of Tourney. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:29 am

Cancelled this tourney.
Was not getting much participation.

I would like feedback on why this is.

And ideas for any future tournie's, ie course, how many holes, stroke, matcplay, singles or foursomes.

Thanks in Advance.

Gersman
Back to top Go down
JACKO

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Of Tourney.   Cancellation Of Tourney. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Hey Michael, i appreciate the time and effort you put in to getting an event going but i think this format may have warranted two leagues as we ended with quite alot of interest. As for another tourny i would like to see a Ryder Cup or Team event played maybe over the time scale of 1 weekend(maybe 2), just between our guild as a tester. We could do 18 holes matchplay...18 holes foursomes and 18 holes singles possibly changing the course for each type of play. If theres not enough interest for say U.S.A vs R.O.W we could draw the teams as random players from wherever.

Just my Twopenneth!!!

Regards Jacko Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JACKO

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Of Tourney.   Cancellation Of Tourney. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:00 pm

I replied to this post yesterday and no -ones said anything after?

Thought at least a little bit of respect for Michaels EFFORTS !!

Jacko XX
Back to top Go down
cannon0286

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: darnit   Cancellation Of Tourney. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:31 pm

i just played will .now i see we quit playing .it was good 4 me was doing lots of stuff 4 my wife and my car so didn't pay as much at first.but was going to pick it up now. to late Laughing lol! pig No Question Evil or Very Mad What a Face
Back to top Go down
RackAttack

RackAttack

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Of Tourney.   Cancellation Of Tourney. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Here's my 2 cents worth:

Did you ever wait for a game (especially on double or triple days) and you are standing there with 1 or 2 other people and you are just waiting for 4 so that you can start the game?

Sure you have! We all have.

What usually happens?

If you don't get 4 people within a minute ... 2 minutes tops! ... People leave, new people pop-in, and the process continues until either the game starts, or the room creators can't take the wait any longer and call out, "RE!"

And if it is 2X, or 3X days... FORGET IT! You won't even get that far. Then you are looking at a few SECONDS tops!

SO WHAT'S MY POINT HERE??? --- PEOPLE HAVE VERY SHORT ATTENTION SPANS WHEN IT COMES TO GAMING.

A month long tourney MIGHT work, if people can see a graphic "Bracket Type of System." ----- Here: Check this link out to see what I mean: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/bracket

People, especially gamers, want IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION. They're either In ... Or out. If they're out, they can just go about their lives, etc. If they are still in it, they get more excited, etc., and have more incentive to play.

SO HERE ARE MY SUGGESTIONS:
=========================

1.) Have a 1 or 2 day (at most - 1 day is better) single or double elimination tourney. (You ran one like this where I participated. People are either present, or they are not. They play or they don't. Like the time we all gathered at the circle, and we played a 3 hole Random, etc.)

2.) If you want to have a league type of thing that runs longer... Maybe have teams of 4 or 5 players in a "group" (Group A, Group B, ... etc.). Now, those players are with that "Team." ... BUT!!! Only 2 people out of that team plays in any winning or losing match at one time. This way if a couple of people go missing or can't make it, then you still have a couple left who CAN make it... And those people represent their Team. --- This can get tricky. Some people will want to play more than others, and sometimes you can get feelings hurt if someone is left out too often. So and AGREED UPON system must be put into place by all involved before the Tourney/League starts. (Usually a "First-Come-First-Serve" sign-up process works .. and if you have more than 2 people who sign up, the first 2 play.. unless they wish to defer to others who have also signed up, but who have not played in a match yet... etc. Usually this is done cordially among the Team members agreements with themselves. -- But you can use a different system if you can figure out one that works well.

Well, that's the best I can think of for right now. I've both ran Tourney's and have played in them, and I know how hard and frustrating it can be. Just keep in mind: "Short Attention Spans" and you should be OK.

See, now that you have read this book, let me ask you: Did you like how long it was? Did you like to have to read ALL of this!? Wasn't it cumbersome? See what I mean!?!? LOL!!!

Good job, good effort... Don't get discouraged!

-- Rack
Back to top Go down
http://8ball.aowc.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cancellation Of Tourney.   Cancellation Of Tourney. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cancellation Of Tourney.
Page 1 of 1